My trip to New Zealand
So That's it
Yep. That was it. Almost 5 months in New-Zealand. I can't even begin to describe
how perfect this trip was. I just love NZ, and loved traveling there. Highly recommended!
After New-Zealand I spend 3 weeks in Samoa, and if you still feel like it, you can
read about it here.
So you wanna go to New-Zealand?
Well, I can give you my 'top-ten' lists, about my trip. Of course it's just my
opinion, don't forget that. Sometimes you like a place because you met someone you
really like there, or the you were lucky with the weather, or whatever...
Best Backpackers in NZ
- Shambhala, the Golden Bay
- Sequoia lodge, Picton
- The Tree House, KohuKohu (The Northland)
- Hollys Place, Wanaka
- Blue Spur Lodge, Hokitika
- Buscot Station, between Omarama & Twizel
- Kahoe farm hostel, Northland (if only because Gal wouldn't talk to me if I won't mention it!)
- Tamara backpackers, Wanganui (will remain special to me always)
Best Tracks in NZ
- Queen Charlotte (on a mountain bike!)
- Inland Pack Track (river crossing was never so much fun.)
- Mueller Hut, Mt Cook village (The most beautiful spot in NZ)
- The Cascade Saddle (4 days, quite hard, but really stunning)
- Tongariro Crossing & Climbing Mt Taranaki (One day walks, but still worth a mention!)
Best Pianos in NZ
- Tamara Backpackers, Wanganui
- Oaklands Lodge, Auckland
- Pillows backpackers, Orewa
- The Fryers Family, for all you WWOOFers
Highlights of my trip to NZ
- WWOOFing with the Fryers, celebrating Xmas and working in the farm.
- Walking the Mueller Hut, Cascade Saddle and all the other tracks.
- Whanganui journey - a good, relaxing 3 days canoe down a beautiful river.
- Bungy jumping in Queenstown, Skydiving in Taupu.
- Mountain biking the Queen Charlotte Track.
- Relaxing in great backpackers, like the Shambhala, Buscot station and Hollys place.
- Taking a full day hike up the Franz-Josef Glacier
- Cruising in Milford & Doubtful sound.
- Playing the Piano in Tamara, Pillows and Oaklands Lodge...
- And, of course, meeting lot's & lot's of really nice people along the way!